Aptos High School  Logo
Directories Administration School Leadership Counselors Staff Teachers
Office Attendance Bus Routes Daily Bulletin Parking Performing Arts Center Registrar Student Services Teachers
Main Facilities & PAC
Guidance Department College & Career Center Guidance By Class Academic Honors Scholarships Course Catalog Academic Support
Wellness Health Office PVPSA School Psychologist Social Emotional Services
Aptos High Library Donations Events MLA Format and Citing Online Resources Research Student Skills Newspaper Subscriptions Plagiarism The Language of Literature Audio Library
Students Activities Alumni Athletics Clubs Community Service Policies Seniors Testing Yearbook
Parents Ayuda Para Padres Basics For Parents Booster Club Parent Education Series Parent Nights School Site Council Volunteers WASC
Jewel Of The Central Coast CA Distinguished School School Mission & Goals Non-Discrimination Policy Athletic Championships Dance & Cheer Teams Disc Golf Course Applied Art Galleries Fine Art Galleries Flash Mobs Music Theatre Arts Robotics Competitions ROP Galleries School Newspaper Archive Triathlon W.A.T.C.H. Downloadable Promotions

Certificate of Proficiency / Equivalency

b. Certificate of Proficiency/High School Equivalency



An "accredited" school is one that has received accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other statewide or regional commissions or, in the case of a school outside California, by the equivalent governmental or other regional accrediting
agency in that jurisdiction.

Transfers from Accredited Schools

Students transferring into the district from an accredited school shall receive full academic
credit for previously completed courses when the sending district verifies that the student has
satisfactorily completed those courses.

Transfers from Non-Accredited Schools

When a student transfers from any non-accredited private, public, alternative, home or
charter school, academic credit shall be subject to approval by the principal or designee at the
enrolling school. Credits transferred from these schools shall be fully accepted when there is
evidence that the course work completed is equivalent to similar courses offered in this
district. The principal or designee at the enrolling school shall be responsible for determining which
of the student's credits are equivalent to district requirements.